Sunday, September 6, 2009

New Pickup, Cleaning Project!

Iight I recently picked up 06' Fire red 5s, to add to my Jordan collection,
but they were pretty beat. So I took pictures, of me;
-cleaning the air bubbles
-cleaning the leather
-and putting in new laces.

Above the pics are going to be steps on how I did It, and how you should
do it.

Not The Best Pictures!


-Before, The right shoe is the one that is going to be worked on first,
and use as the example finish.
Photobucket
-As you can see, there are many spots that look like "scratches"
but are just deep creases with dirt, when cleaned, can make a big improvement.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The start of the cleaning.

-First I covered the shoe with soap, and water
Photobucket
-The It was dipped in the hot water, in the many mixes that are described in the earlier post of the blog, and let it sit for 1 minute.
Photobucket

-After cleaning the white midsole with a hard brush, I cleaned the colored
midsoles with a soft tooth brush, so the color wouldn't come off.
BEWARE OF CLEANING COLORED MIDSOLES WITH HARD BRUSHES!

-Next, I made sure to clean the dirty, and dusty airbubbles, with a toothbrush.
any toothbrush can be used for this.
Photobucket

-After that, i wiped the shoe back over with a damp towel, and finished with a dry
towel.

-After your shoe is cleaned, you should stuff it with grocery bags, to fill out
the space of the shoe and creases.
Photobucket

-after I put on leather shine and new white laces, and here it the finished shoe;
Photobucket

-Here is the cleaned shoe compared to the dirty left one.
Photobucket
Cleaned Inside
Photobucket
Dirty Inside
Photobucket
Clean Outside
Photobucket
Dirty Inside

FINISHED
Photobucket

The job usually works for me, and I hope it works for you the same. Thank you and try at your own risk.


-Kobi

No comments:

Post a Comment